- a social network used for private communication within organizations
- Access to a Yammer network is determined by a user's Internet domain, so only people with approved email addresses can join their respective network
- Yammer also offers all the other functions of a social network
What can I use Yammer for?
On Yammer, you can ...
- network on topics, ideas & projects
- Exchange experience and knowledge
- Share & comment content
- Chat & stay up to date with news
- Join appropriate groups (divided by course of study, sports, etc.)
- Post, reply or like
- Upload and download documents (images, PDFs or other files)
- Participate in polls / surveys
- Follow people, posts & hashtags
How is Yammer different from Instagram, Facebook & Co.
- Unlike public social media platforms like Instagram or Facebook, which are open to everyone, Yammer only allows members who belong to the same email domain to network
- In the groups can be communicated much more effectively
- You can post questions in the groups and find answers faster, even if you don't know who to ask
- Everyone can specifically join their appropriate groups
- You can also meet new people easier this way
Does Yammer also work on cell phones & tablets?
- Yes, Yammer is available on all devices and operating systems: PC, Mac, smartphones and tablets
- You can download the Yammer app from the App Store
How do I edit my Yammer profile?
- Select the icon forSettingsand thenEdit settingsfrom
- On the tabProfileAdd information that may be helpful - e.g., your skills, interests, experience
- Memorye then all changes
- By the way, you can also unsubscribe from Yammer's automatic mails in the settings.
How do I sign up for Yammer?
- Open the pagehttps://www.yammer.com/asta-hhn
- In the Business email address field the student email address enter
- Follow the instructions on the page and in the email.
- The next time you log in, you will enter a standard network that is not serviced.
- ATTENTION: Please enter again in the address barhttps://www.yammer.com/asta-hhnEnter
- Now you are in the AStA HHN network
Login after registration in the network:
- Under the text field onLog inclick
How do I join groups that interest me?
- The groups you already belong to are listed in the left pane
- How to find other groups: ChooseDiscover more groupsoff.
- Search or useSearchto find groups
- Read descriptions, scroll through the group feed or look at members to find relevant groups
- Choosejoinout if you find a group you would like to participate in
- If it is public, you will be added to it immediately
- If it is private, you will be added to it only if the group administrator has approved your request.