The Student President is the chairperson of the General Student Committee (AStA) and thus the highest executive body of the student body.
He/she is elected by the student parliament usually for one year.
The tasks of the president are very diverse and extensive:
- Convening and chairing the AStA meetings
- Coordination and support of the AStA departments as well as the student representative chairpersons at the location
- Personnel responsibility for the permanent employees of the student body
- Representation of the student body internally and externally
- Communicate and collaborate and attend meetings and appointments with university leadership
- Monitoring the implementation of the resolutions of the student parliament
- Central contact person for the student body for both students and the university
- Representation of the students’ interests towards the university
If you want to know more about the office of the president, just write a short mail with your questions to studierendenpraesident∂asta.hs-heilbronn.de. I look forward to hearing from you! ☺