Pro­fes­sion­al Associations

All stu­dents of a fac­ul­ty are called Fach­schaft. Each fac­ul­ty has its own stu­dent coun­cil (stu­dent coun­cil WV, stu­dent coun­cil ME, stu­dent coun­cil IB etc.). This is orga­nized in the stu­dent council.

The Stu­dent Coun­cil rep­re­sents the stu­dents of its fac­ul­ty at the fac­ul­ty lev­el, advo­cates for you in the Fac­ul­ty Coun­cil as well as with pro­fes­sors and lec­tur­ers, and ensures that deci­sions of the Stu­dent Par­lia­ment (Stu­Pa) are imple­ment­ed in the Stu­dent Council.

In addi­tion, it plans, often with the respec­tive stu­dent asso­ci­a­tion, inter­nal stu­dent coun­cil events such as small­er par­ties, first semes­ter wel­comes, excur­sions, etc. In addi­tion, stu­dents also receive infor­ma­tion from the stu­dent coun­cil about their course of study, such as: How do exams work? Who exact­ly should I con­tact if I have ques­tions about the exam­i­na­tion regulations?

The Stu­dent Coun­cil also sends fel­low stu­dents to the Stu­dent Par­lia­ment to rep­re­sent the inter­ests of the Stu­dent Coun­cil on a uni­ver­si­ty-wide level.

Want to get involved with your stu­dent council?

Just talk to fel­low stu­dents from the stu­dent coun­cil or run as a can­di­date in the uni­ver­si­ty-wide elec­tions for the fac­ul­ty coun­cil. As a mem­ber of the Fac­ul­ty Coun­cil, you auto­mat­i­cal­ly become a mem­ber of the Stu­dent Council.